Enable Content Advisor in Internet Explorer 11
Content Advisor is the inbuilt feature of Internet Explorer that allows you to view the content across the web. It is a tool for controlling the types of content that your computer can access on the Internet. After you turn on Content Advisor, only rated content that meets or exceeds your criteria can be viewed. You can adjust the settings to suit your preferences. Parents who are worried about the inappropriate web content, which their children may come around, can use this feature to make the restriction. The tool uses thePlatform for Internet Content Selection(PICS) filtering to sweep out the non-suitable content from the Internet. In short, it is a safety mask to web browsing.
Enable Content Advisor In Internet Explorer 11
If you have usedInternet Explorer 8or below, then in those iterations,Content Advisorwas available to configure the browser settings itself, but in newer editions of Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11, the feature is not available in Internet Options > Content tab browser settings and you have to first enable it from a different section ofWindows . Microsoft has made it this way because not many users
made use of it.
This article talks about how to makeContent Advisoravailable in Internet Options Settings, using the Group Policy Editor.
1. Press Windows Key + R combination, type put gpedit.msc in Run dialog box and hitEnterto open theLocal Group Policy Editor .
2. Navigate here:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel -> Content Page
3. At this stage, yourGroup Policywindow would resemble the one shown above. Here double click on the policy Show Content Advisor on Internet Options to get this:
4. In the above-shown window, firstly select Enabled and then click on Apply followed by OK. You may now close theLocal Group Policy Editorwindow.
5. Now press Windows Key + R, type inetcpl.cpl in theRundialog box and hitEnter . Now switch to the Content tab in the following window so appeared:
6. For theContent Advisorsubheading inInternet Propertieswindow, click Enable. Provide the administrative privileges if required. Now in the following window, you can select what kind of filtering you need according to your requirements. Click Apply, OK when you’re done.
Hope you’ll find the feature productive!