Sales Advisor job description template
This Sales Advisor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company when making sales hires.
Sales Advisor Responsibilities
- Arranging merchandise on shelves according to popularity and other criteria
- Approaching customers and offering them advice on products to persuade them to buy
- Providing information and other services such as handling returns of merchandise
We are looking for an enthusiasticSales advisorto provide advice and assistance to customers to maximize the likelihood of a sale. You will be responsible for a variety of duties that pertain to creating an attractive environment for customers.
An excellent sales advisor must be energetic and outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be able to acquire thorough knowledge of the company’s products and pass that knowledge to customers along with a great deal of enthusiasm.
The goal is to facilitate sales in every possible way in order to drive sustainable growth.
- Arrange merchandise on shelves according to popularity and other criteria
- Approach customers and offer them advice on
products to persuade them to buy
- Provide information and other services such as handling returns of merchandise
- Locate products on behalf of customers
- Deal with complaints in a patient and helpful manner
- Take and record orders through a computer system in person or over the phone/e-mail
- Update customer information in databases
- Go the “extra mile” to meet targets
- Monitor shelves inventory and unload new products when needed
- Operate cash registers and close daily revenues
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment in the store
- Proven experience as sales advisor or other customer service/sales role
- Experience in handling cash register
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of computer systems and databases
- Able to balance a customer-oriented and a results-driven approach
- Patient and comfortable dealing with complaints
- Professionalism and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Good physical endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.