What is the procedure to apply for a tatkal passport online?
Now it’s very simple to apply tatkal passport online. Just follow the following process
- Register yourself at the official portal of Passport Seva.
- Enter using your login id and password.
- Select options of Apply of Fresh or Re-issue as applicable in your case.
- Select Tatkal in application type or scheme.
- Fill in your application for online or by downloading it.
- Submit filled in form online and complete the payment procedure.
- Print out the receipt of online payment.
- Book appointment. You can check the link for Tatkal appointment opening times link at the homepage of official passport seva portal.
- Visit your RPO or Passport Seva Kendra as per fixed appointment with print out of receipt. Also carry all documents in original and self-attested photo copies.
Here they explain step by step with picturesHow to Apply for Tatkal Passport Online in India
You need to create an account here -->http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePro... Fill your application online and submit. Once submitted, you will need to schedule an appointment at your nearest PSK (Passport Seva Kendra). Select the TATKAL option here. The Tatkal fee will help to get your application processed faster. Then you will need to Print the application receipt. Take a printed receipt, two set of Xerox copies of your supporting documents along
with originals on the date of appointment. The Document Advisor link will tell what all supporting documents.
This page has the links to annexure formats -->https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/App...
Be there at least 1/2 hr before your appointment time.Views ·View Upvotes·Answer requested by Param Eswar
Online process is same as you apply for a normal passport. After getting appointment they will decide whether your passport can be make in tatkal mode or not. Once convinced then only they will accept the tatkal fees. If it is renewal then it would not be much difficult. You can read this to know the real experience:
Tatkal Passport Renewal without Annexure - F
The appicant cannot claim it as his/her right to obtain a passport under Tatkal scheme. Certain category of applicants are not eligible for issue of a passport under Tatkal scheme. The main point is that the passports are issued under Tatkal scheme to the eligible applicants on post-police verification basis. Therefore they are required to submit certain additional documents to establish their bonafides. Such additional documents are as follows -
- Standard affidavit as per annexure E
- Verification certificate as per annexure B or 3 out of 16 listed documents.