Internet Explorer Content Advisor information and help.
The Content Advisor is a feature included in Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 and higher. It allows users to block content, approve or disapprove the viewing of a web page, set up rating passwords, and much more.
How do I enter or setup Internet Explorer Content Advisor?
Content Advisor can be entered by performing the steps below.
- Within Microsoft Internet Explorer click the Tools menu, Internet Options.
- Within Internet Options click the Content tab and click the Enable... button.
Within the Content Advisor window you have the below four tabs that can be used.
- Ratings - This section allows a user to set the rating levels for language, nudity, sex, and violence. As you move the bottom slider from left to right, Internet Explorer gives you a brief description of what will be prohibited at the rating of the slider.
- Approved Sites - Enables the user to approve
or prohibit a specific URL from being viewed.
- General - Allows the user to perform additional tasks such as setting up a supervisor password and implement other system settings.
- Advanced - Allows a user to obtain ratings from a ratings bureau or specify PICS Rules.
How to remove the Internet Explorer Content Advisor password.
- Open the Registry by clicking Start, Run, and typing "Regedit".
- Open the below Registry folders.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPolicies
- In the right portion of the window you should see a binary value called Key. Delete this value by highlighting it and pressing the delete key on your keyboard.
- Once this has been deleted, open the Content advisor once again and click the Disable button. If prompted for a password, do not type anything and click ok. Newer versions may require that you specify a new password; if this is the case, type the new password you want to use.